Super Press Rotary Series Press
The Linotech Super Press is a rotary press for high throughput production of very large single and dual layer tablets with one outlet. This machine incorporates Linotech's extensive experiencing in manufacturing large diameter turret machines for pressing multi layer tablets. This press has proven to be very successful for manufacturing corrosive Chlorine-based swimming pool tablets. It can be customized for other applications according to client specifications, such as size of tablets, compression force, etc.
The Super Press is capable of pressing tablets from 60 to 100 mm in diameter with a pre-compression force up to 20 kN and a main compression force up to 300 kN during continuous production.
Depending on tablet size, the Super Press can press over 12,000 tablets/hour.
As will all Linotech presses, these machines reflect over 65 years' of experience in large industrial rotary tableting presses.
The PLC based press controls are customized to each customer’s requirements. Linotech Presses employ Siemens PLCs with 12 inch touch screen HMI with different access levels for operators and supervisors.
Surfaces are made of stainless steel or coated with application-specific corrosion resistant coatings. The enclosures are safety interlocked with a smooth fit and finish for product containment. The compression chamber can be kept under negative air pressure to reduce operator exposure to dust.
The turrets have hard chrome plating on the working surfaces. Punch holders ride in lubricated bushings. The turrets are driven by powerful AC motors coupled with frequency inverters. The turret drives have enough torque so that the presses can be restarted under full load without stalling.
The presses are designed to use as many readily available, off-the-shelf components as possible. Most of the major components in the compression zone can be removed without any tools for easy cleaning. The modular design makes it easy for technicians to remove major sub-assemblies without having to disassemble the entire press. A simple tool is supplied to facilitate de-tooling.
- Presses one and two layer tablets from 60 to 100 mm in diameter
- Siemens PLC with Touch Screen HMI
- Industrial PC with MES/MRP functions available as an option
- Custom solutions for difficult shapes and poorly flowing powders
- Stainless steel product contact surfaces or customer specified coatings
- Forged stainless steel turret with hard-chrome plated die table
- Baked-on Epoxy finish
- Built to customer's specifications
- Customized cam profile.
- Additional fill cams available in 5mm height increments.
- Upper punch penetration adjustment.
- Individual punch force control, monitoring and tracking system.
- Cooling/Freezing solutions.
- Dry air introduction.
- Magnesium Stearate injection to reduce sticking.
- Special pre-compression cams are available to de-aerate powder and improve compression.
- Unmanned operation with automatic tablet sampling system.
- Other features are available. Please discuss your intended application with us.